There are several factors that affect the cost of breast augmentation, including type and size of implants, anesthesia, and any additional procedures performed. Dr. Lloyd Van Wyck can provide you with a detailed explanation of the factors that affect breast augmentation cost during a consultation at our Ottawa, Ontario, office.
Breast augmentation is a highly customizable procedure, so no two patients’ costs are the same.
Factors Affecting Breast Augmentation Cost
There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your breast augmentation procedure. To receive an accurate cost estimate for your surgery, it is best to schedule a consultation with Dr. Van Wyck. He can thoroughly review your options and provide you with a more accurate estimate.
- Implant Type, Placement, and Surgical Technique: With breast augmentation, you have the option of saline or silicone implants, submuscular or subglandular placement, and various surgical techniques and incision patterns. These options allow you to customize your procedure to your unique needs and goals. Different options can significantly impact the cost. Saline implants, for example, are generally less expensive than silicone.
- Surgeon’s Fee: More qualified surgeons tend to have higher fees; however, you are more likely to be satisfied with the results. You are also less likely to require revision surgery. You should thoroughly research potential surgeons and make your decision based on their qualifications rather than the price. A breast augmentation is an investment in yourself, and it is not advisable to cut corners based on cost.
After discussing your goals and performing an exam, Dr. Wyck will provide you with details regarding the cost of your individualized surgery.
- Facility Fee: The surgical facility fees are often dependent on the type of facility and the geographical location of the facility. Hospitals are often more expensive than other facilities.
- Anesthesia: You can choose to have a nurse or certified anesthesiologist administer your anesthesia. Both fees are charged per hour. Anesthesiologists tends to be more expensive, but they often provide patients with peace of mind.
- Post-surgical Costs: It is important to consider recovery costs when determining total procedure costs. You may require recovery garments, pain medication, and follow-up visits. You should also consider any lost wages from time off work.
Combining Breast Augmentation with Other Procedures
It is very common for patients to combine their breast augmentation with another procedure or multiple procedures. This can be a wise choice, as it can eliminate the need for multiple recovery periods.
An augmentation may be combined with another breast procedure, such as a breast lift, or other body contouring procedures, such as liposuction or a tummy tuck. Dr. Van Wyck can help you determine which additional procedures will provide the best results and achieve your goals. He can also provide details on how additional procedures can impact the overall cost.
Schedule Your Consultation
Contact our office today to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Van Wyck. After discussing your goals and performing an exam, he will provide you with details regarding the cost of your individualized surgery.